A GAMER GUY GET A GAMER GIRL?
The girl gamer is a rare breed of humankind, much like a ninja or a unicorn. Most times, she remains eternally hidden in myth or shadow. Statistics say that over 40 percent of gamers are of the fairer sex, but come on- when was the last time you got dissed on Modern Warfare by the melodic tones of a girl? However, this doesn’t mean that girl gamers are non-existent. You just need to adopt the right mindset and know where to look. Armed with the following advice, you’re guaranteed to land the girlfriend of your dreams.
So pay attention here fellas and happy hunting!
The games where you can score 😉
1.Try a video game store
Whenever you’re browsing through, try starting a conversation with any female you find attractive. Try and make a connection to whatever they’re looking at and then speak to her. Say stuff like:
1. I played that game recently, it was super awesome! Any game that you would like to recommend?
2. The best part about that game is the multiplayer! Do you game online a lot too?
Hunt around in MMO games.
In massively-multiplayer online games, you come across a lot of people. Get to know other players well through personal messages.
1. Try to get the girl you are interested in on a voice chat. This is mostly only to tell if she is indeed a female, as the character gender may not always reflect that of the player.
2. Here, you may not find you women in your area as MMO games include gamers from all over the world. You may have to settle for a long-distance relationship or online companionship.
Visit gaming conventions.
Conventions provide a lot of opportunity for ice-breakers. You can make conversation while waiting in line for a booth or an event. Say stuff like:
1. The wait for this booth is insane, but I’m such a big fan of gaming that it’s definitely worth it. What’s your favorite thing about gaming? What’s your favorite game?
Utilize social media.
There’s a variety of social media platforms that connect people based on their interests. You can easily know females who share your interest in video games based on their profiles.
– On Facebook, don’t be afraid to shoot a private message to a girl who shares your interests. Hopefully, there’s a game you might both play online that you can recommend.
Be open to online dating
Online dating websites make the search for like-minded partners a little less tough. For the most part, user profiles will answer your questions.
– You’ll want to look for women who’ve listed gaming/games as one of their interests or hobbies. Dating apps and sites also make the introduction a lot easier.
– Don’t neglect her other attributes: Just because a woman shares your interests in games doesn’t make her your perfect match.
Cancel the next LAN scene and head outside
If you want to seriously meet a girl and she doesn’t necessarily have to be a gamer, your odds are way better at a popular pub in town than on the streets of Azeroth. You could also go to a restaurant, multiplex or hit a cricket game with your friends. Take a break from gaming and be social once a week at least.
– Be sure to be comprehensive and realistic while looking around. Do not set the bar too high and target a girl out of your league.
Other tips and tricks
- Clean yourself up. If you plan on going out, it will help your chances if you take a shower and invest one some deodorant cologne. As far as clothing goes it doesn’t really matter. Keep that smile on and simply just wear jeans and a tee.
- When you’re out at a pub or out elsewhere, just relax. Do not pick a table in the corner and just stare at the girls. It’s creepy and you will have no chance with anyone there. Laugh, share stories to your friends and blend into the crowd.
- When she asks about your hobbies or passions, be truthful and say that you absolutely love gaming.
- When you start dating, by all means tell her all about yourself. Don’t just stick to how you love gaming. Talk about your goals or dreams in life, dreams, funny stories from your past, etc.
(Want a perfect example? Watch “Grandma’s Boy” and see who wins the girl’s heart: Greybush or J.P. Both of them are video game nerds, but J.P. talks in a robotic voice and behaves creepy. Greybush, on the other hand, is chilled out and loves to party (well, smoke weed) and in the end, he gets Linda (who games as well), even though he lives with his Grandma and her roommates!)